[Zope-dev] VirtualHostFolder Product (similar to Site objects)

Adam Feuer adamf@meridiancatalyst.com
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 22:09:13 -0700

Quoting Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com>:
> Adam, I'm having a problem with acquisition and VHF.
> I have a VHF named ``cosmetica'' that responds for
> ``cosmetica.gf.com.br'' (internally). When I access stuff
> there, it starts to resolve to
> ``cosmetica.com.br/cosmetica/cosmetica/cosmetica/stuff'' (one
> extra ``cosmetica/'' component is added for each link I click).
> Any hints on why is this happening?

lalo,
  hmmmm, this is a problem discovered by evan simpson, i think.

  the path gets messed up because i am actually munging the path in
Publish.py, instead of using __bobo_traverse__ to change the URL in
the Request object.

  this is a bug. i believe evan's SiteRoot product doesn't have this
problem... i plan to fix this, but i'm not sure if it'll be quick for
me or not. :-)

cheers
adam
--