[Zope-dev] M$ compiler triumph

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:57:51 +0100

In article <pqnLtBAU5e$3Ewa3@jessikat.demon.co.uk>, Robin Becker
<robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <Pine.OSF.4.10.9910082251270.5532-100000@student.uq.edu.au>,
>Anthony Pfrunder <s341625@student.uq.edu.au> writes
>>On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Robin Becker wrote:
>>
>>> I get this message from VC++ 6.0
>>[snip]
>>> C4700: local variable 'dt' used without having been initialized
>>[snip]
>>>   int dt=0;
>>         ^^^ Why doesn't it pick this up?
>>
>>Run debug on it and see what the value is.  Is this the latest CVS
>>version?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Anthony Pfrunder
>>
>My point exactly! Why doesn't it see this. This is the latest CVS.
OK I have found the solution to this.

VC++ 6.0 is apparently substituting out the call to fullgc when
optimising and it seems that in my version of the code the fullgc
routine has a argument called idt. Inside fullgc it seems as though dt
is used. can anyone enlighten me as to what the argument should actually
be called?

is the argument name a typo?
--
Robin Becker