[Zope-dev] XMLWidget ldemo undeletable.

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:03:01 +0200

Robin Becker wrote:
> I exported out all the good bits and then re-initialised my db. I knew
> that I had to delete things, just forgot a particular instance. Overall
> a real pain.

Agreed. Having thought about this some more this may in fact be a Zope bug.
If the broken ZClass instances had shown up as a broken product instances
one could've simply removed them; but somehow they don't turn into broken
objects but into mysterious indestructible ones. I can see some cases where
this may be hard to prevent, but ..well, Digital Creations input would be
appreciated here. (hints again)

> Incidentally even after I deleted the xmlwidget subtree of
> Products I stll saw a fake XMLWidgets product in zope. I was unable to
> delete the product. What's the correct way to remove a product?

Hm, did you remove the Product in the product management screen first, and
then removed the XMLWidgets folder, and then restarted Zope? Removing
XMLWidgets .py files first and then removing the product won't work; if you
did do it in the order I suggested it is weird though.

Thanks for trying out XMLWidgets, by the way. I wish it wasn't so much
trouble for you, though!

Regards,

Martijn