[Zope-dev] pam authentication support with PyPam

Clarence ctpate@uronramp.net
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:23:51 -0500

Oleg,

Caldera, Red Hat and SuSE currently support pam authentication
capabilities.  Red Hat has added an ldap_pam module to "RH 6.1".  I just
performed a search on google for "pam module", and I came up with a
page, "ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/pam/distrib/modules.html", which
provides some light on modules that are available or in developement:

sql based auth - informix, mysql
s/key
cryptocard
samba or NT domain controler
tacacs+
radius (provided by cryptocard folks)
netware
opie
secure remote password
NIS+.

If zope has pam support, it might be easier to get someone to provide a
new pam module than to create a new type of authentication for zope.  Of
course, I could be wrong.  For all I know, it may be harder to configure
pam stuff to work properly.  Anyway, I am not a python programmer (I am
not much of a programmer in general), or I would probably pursue this
myself.

I am just a creative thinker (especially in the area of security.)

Clarence T. Pate