[Zope-dev] Re: BerkeleyStorage (was RE: [Zope-dev] ZODB and # of objects)

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

Phillip J. Eby writes:
>Keep in mind that this storage is still highly experimental, and also that
>it does not currently support Undo or Versions.  (Although Ty might have

For my application's DB, which will only contain data produced by
software, versioning isn't needed.

>On the other hand, BerkeleyStorage does *not* use temporary files for
>transaction logging, but keeps everything in memory until the transaction
>is committed, so if you have transactions involving large numbers of
>objects, Berkeley may not perform as well, memorywise.

What happens with subtransactions?  Are they ignored, or are they
treated as full commits?

War is just to those to whom war is necessary.
    -- Titus Livius