[Zope-dev] Extending ZCatalog

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:50:28 +0200

I've wrapped a C function which computes the metaphone algorithm (like
soundex, only better supposedly - matches words by the way they sound), and
I'd like to be able to search a ZCatalog using this function.

I'd like to have, in addition to Text/Field/Keyword indexes (sounds cool -
when do we get
documentation?) a Metaphone index where the Catalog stores the metaphone
value of a attribute, since this seems to the easiest way to implement this.

Any pointers on where exactly to do this?  I think I would need to work off
a copy of SearchIndex/Index.py, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what
exactly goes on in there.

--
Itamar - itamars@ibm.net