[Zope-dev] Zope ignoring #if tag

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:01:47 -0400

Zopists,

Anyone have an explanation for this:

I have a file that I am uploading (with the enctype of the REQUEST set
proerly ;-)).
The file is REQUEST['file'], and to upload it I call

   <!--#if "REQUEST.has_key('file')"-->
     <!--#call "propertysheets.MyProperties.manage_changeProperties(
	        myProperty=REQUEST['file'].read())"-->
   <!--#/if-->

Most of the time is goes through fine, but about every 40th try or so I
get a traceback with a name error on 'file', even though I put the #if
tag in to skip it is it doesn't have 'file' in the REQUEST.  I look at
the log and there is a 'Conflict Error'.  After this Zope starts having
tons of these errors, and eventually I get the big 'ERROR (200)
uncaptured python exception'.  If I don't try that method for a while I
don't have any conflicts and things run pretty smooth.  Any ideas would
greatly be appreciated.

All my best,

--
Jason Spisak