[Zope-dev] ZClass inside a ZClass

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:52:54 +0200

[snip my struggle with ZClasses that derive from Python base classes
inside ZClasses]

Okay, this *still* didn't work; apparently the ObjectManager ZClass was
somehow put into a wrong state -- even if I deleted the old field
ZClasses (for instance IntegerField), it would still show up in the add
list -- probably because it could find an IntegerField Python base
class?

Anyway, I created a while new ObjectManager ZClass, created a while new
Field class inside, and now it seems to work properly.

I hope this kind of ZClass weirdness is fixed in the CVS version of
Zope; if not read my mails for the symptoms. It can get very confusing
and frustrating.

But-I-suppose-I'm-the-only-guy-deriving-ZClasses-from-his-Python-base-classes-ly
yours,

Regards,

Martijn