[Zope-dev] Feedback wanted on GenericUserFolder

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:53:35 +1000

>>> "Stuart 'Zen' Bishop" wrote
>
> I've put together a functional GenericUserFolder for people to
> look at and give me feedback before a full release:

> Unless I steal someones existing Session product, I'll end up
> having to store the cookies in a dictionary on the server (as the clients
> won't be passing a password in a form I can send to authenticate) - I don't
> think this will cause a problem for any but the largest sites.

I was about to hack UserDb to make it store the user auth details in
an SQLSession. The nice thing about this is that it's really really
easy to make sure the login times out properly.

(Also, when they re-login, if you've kept the expired session around,
you can drop them back where they were).

Anthony