[Zope-dev] XMLDocument appears to leak memory

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:53:46 +0200

Amos Latteier wrote:

Ah, Amos, you're back! I hope you had a nice vacation -- us XMLers
missed you. :)

[snip]
> Well, I suppose that it is possible there are memory leaks in XML
> Document, however I'd like to see stronger evidence before I jump to
> that conclusion.

Well, my Zope process grows by 10 megs in a few hours, by just using XML
Document and the management interface. It's of course possible some of
my helper external methods leak memory. I'll work on a test case either
today or next week.

> P.S. Another version of XML Document is coming out today. It is a *lot*
> better than the first alpha release.

I've been pointing everybody to use that one from CVS (and sending out
demos to a multitude of people) for a while now. :) It's indeed a *lot*
better.

Regards,

Martijn