[Zope-dev] Calling a DTML method from python?

David Kankiewicz i173327@thegrid.net
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:30:07 -0700

Hi Zope/Python gurus,
What's the fastest/quickest way to get into zope and run a DTML method?

I am attempting my first product and need to call a method inside my
ZClass product / which may or may not call python products...

What modules do I need to import and can someone go over simple example?

DTMLmethod
Sweeps through ZCatalog files and creates a ZClass instance with the
current(soon to be old) variables in them.. (I might change these to
python but not right now)
etc...

pythonproduct.py
import "what? to access DTML methods" ZPublisher? client? etc.?

def storeState():
    some_imported_module's_invoking_method(DTMLmethod, args)  ??

BTW: zope.org beta site has a bad how-to link to the "adding ZClass
instances programmatically". It goes to the homepage. (looks like
tazzzzz might have removed it?)

TIA,
David