[Zope-dev] wygiwys

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:14:20 -0700

Lalo Martins wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 06:34:39PM +0200, Andy  Pahne wrote:
> > one of our clients makes me nervous, twice a day: he allways asks if there
> > is a wygiwys-possibility for the content-managers of tehir site?
>
> I've been to some Oracle seminars and I was very impressed by
> Orcle WebDB Site Manager. It locks the designer out in some
> unnecessary constraints, but otherwise it's very cool (except
> for the fact that you need to buy a several-thousand-dollars
> database server to run it).
>
> > is there something like that or should i wait until the release of zope 3?
>
> If there isn't, I plan on writing something _if_ my company
> actually decides to use Zope (as this decision is pretty much
> mine, it will depend only on the viability of virtual hosting
> for which I'm investigating all alternatives).
>
> In other words, if there isn't and people want to write one,
> count me in. I'd surely like to have my customers maintain some
> of the site's content while leaving me with design. And I'd
> surely like something as modular as WebDB for that.

There is a very interesting article on extending dreamweaver with Java in the
October issue of WebTechniques. At least in theory, it should be possible to use
that information to Zope-ify Dreamweaver with Python.

Unfortunately I too am a designer, not a coder.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.

 Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
   FIAWOL {Fandom Is A Way Of Life}