[Zope-dev] Using DTMLDocument as Base ZClass is a bug.

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:00:14 -0400

I can create instances of a ZClass base on DTMLDocument fom python and
they are fine.  But when using the management interface, their 'id' gets
entered as '<string>'.  Also when trying to use:

<!--#call "manage_renameObject('old_name','new_name')"-->

Zope tells me that 'old_name' doesn't suport this kind of operation.

I have already submitted this to the Collector last week, and it is
really rendering the application we have created pretty useless because
we cannot add these objects to the database.  I really need someone out
there to help out.  I can't give them new id's, and thier is'd are wrong
so we are stuck.

All my best,

--
Jason Spisak