[Zope-dev] Changing storage manager

mvalente@esoterica.pt mvalente@esoterica.pt
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:47:37 GMT

  Hi there:

  In the ZODB Howto:

  "A Storage Manager is the database back end of Zope.
   The default storage manager for Zope is a ZODB3
   database file object that can be found in the top level
   var directory of Zope (var/Data.fs). There are other
   storage managers for Zope, in various stages of development:

   o The Relational Storage Manager stores all Zope transactions
     in a relational database. This is still experimental."

  I've looked all over but I was unable to find the way to change
 the storage manager from the Data.fs file to a relational DB (mySQL,
 Sybase, etc ) or indeed to any other kind (like the Temp storage
 manager also mentioned in the ZODB Howto).

  Can anyone give me some insights or pointers on how to do this ?

  C U!

  -- Mario Valente