[Zope-dev] "upgrading" from ZPublisher to full Zope and need enlightenment

Michael Olivier mo@local2me.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:23:49 -0700

We've been using ZPublisher and PCGI since the Bobo days for
development, and I find myself playing with the zope.org site and
finally understanding more clearly what else Zope has to offer.  The
question now is: what is the path for us to start using Zope beyond
ZPublisher.

We have a single entry point for our app, which is PCGI-based.  Many of
the functions inside classes use DTML substitution, though we're doing
it from the python side.  It's not clear to me how this fits with the
web-managed Zope side of things.  Is there a doc describing this
conversion/upgrade, or are there people who can explain this to me?
Maybe someone who's already been through this?

Kudos for the greatly improved documentation on the Zope web site!
Between the tips, HOWTO's, and being able to play w/it myself in an
environment with some pre-existing content, it really helped things to
gel.

thanks,
--Michael