[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Barriers and wysiwyg

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:25:03 -0400

On 24 Sep 99, at 12:05, Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Uing Dreamweaver or Frontpage (light) or whatever it is quite possible to
> add plain html pages and design them anyway you want. You can even manage
> them through the web.* Or to once more cite Jon Udell on byte.com : "It is
> completely feasible for a novice to download Zope, install it, and build a
> simple site -- even one that leverages the object hierarchy to factor out
> repetitive pieces -- without writing any code. And the result is 100%
> Web-manageable."

I must confess that I'm no HTML guru, AND my pages are ugly. When
faced with a difficult-to-visualize table requirement, I've used FrontPage
Express to create the table, then pasted the HTML into my DTML
TextArea.

Crufty but workable.

<opinion on>

I've looked at Amaya, and the only thing going for it is that the source is
available, otherwise I found it to be very non-intuitive, since it's mostly
designed for editing from the DTD view..

<opinion off>

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937