[Zope-dev] Transactions support on MySql

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Ping Lau wrote:

> Another alternative I have in mind is using ZODB to store my business
> objects.  Has anyone used ZODB as the backend?  How stable is it?

Very stable (I have used it for more than 2 years).

 In terms
> of doing query, does Zope have a similar SELECT statement in RDBM?

No it does not have a SELECT statement or any other relational constracts.
However depending on the structure of your site you might not need many
queries (for instance if your model is hierarchical, it will map nicely on
ZODB). If you do, you can always use ZCatalog to 'index' your objects
depending on whatever criteria you choose and then you can query for
given attributes/contents

Pavlos