[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Transactions support on MySql

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:51:06 +0300

Ping Lau wrote:

> > Ping wrote:
> >> 1. From what I read, Zope supports transactions.  If I
> >> want to use MySql as my backend database, can Zope
> >> still support atomic operations since MySql does not
> >> support transactions?

> Another alternative I have in mind is using ZODB to store my business
> objects.  Has anyone used ZODB as the backend?  How stable is it?  In terms
> of doing query, does Zope have a similar SELECT statement in RDBM?

If you can choose your DB, then why not use one that has transactions ?

Have you checked PostgreSQL (http://www.postgresql.org/), it has more
complete
SQL support, including transactions. It is slower than MySQL on simple
queries,
about same or faster on more complex ones.

------
Hannu