[Zope-dev] ANN: VisualStudio Preview released

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:33:39 +0200

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Okay, going out on a limb here, try installing the XMLWidgets.tgz file
> (the python stuff). Then restart your Zope. Then go to the products
> management screen, and *delete* any XMLWidgets product that may show up.
> *then* import the XMLWidgets.zexp. And finally install the demo somewhere
> in the folder tree. Then tell me if it worked. :)

Okay, I just tried this myself; it works. I imagine I got confused
developing XMLWidgets. I'm not entirely sure *how* to distribute them in a
different way, though. If I had put my ZClass in the XMLWidgets product that
appears when I make the XMLWidgets stuff in the lib/python/Products dir, and
then exported it, wouldn't we run in the same difficulties as what happened
now? Perhaps that is what I did, actually. :)

> There ought to be some way to distribute ZClasses with Python base classes
> easily, though...

After this experiment I'd like to stress this. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Regards,

Martijn