[Zope-dev] Persistency of database method classes (pluggable brains)

Dr. Peer Griebel peer@knoll-is.de
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:17:50 +0200

It's just me again...

The ZSQL document mentions to define a database method class in a file
in the Extensions directory. The ZCMG document says "you cannot define
classes or objects in your External Methods and expect to be able to
assign them to attributes of Zope objects."

This is what I see in my application: I'm doing a SQL query. The result
is stored in an array of object my own database method class. I save
this array in an FSSession object to be used later on. This later usage
results in problems. The array does not consist of objects of my own
class (or of class r as defined in RDB.py) but of type extension class
Record.Record.

So how can I make my class definition persistent? The database method
class lives in the Extension directory which means this class is not
persistent by definition :-((

But perhaps I just overlooked something very simple. Still praying...

Thank you!

--
connection reset by
      Peer

Dr. Peer Griebel                                  Tel. +49 7581 4831 23
Geschäftsführer                                   Fax. +49 7581 4831 11
Knoll Informationssysteme GmbH                   http://www.knoll-is.de
Dreiköniggasse 17                               mailto:peer@knoll-is.de
88348 Saulgau                        privat: mailto:peer.griebel@gmx.de