[Zope-dev] TreeTag

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:14:49 -0500

> > P.S. I have two of the tree-tag patches (#913/1045) checked in already.
>
> Hmmm, is that what 'testing' means as a status in the collector?
>
> Is there a page anywhere explaining what all the different statuses mean?

The status field has a kind of "humpty-dumpty" semantics:  it means whaterver
the person who edits the record wants it to mean. :)  I probably use it
somewhat differently than Brian does, than Michel does, etc.  For me,
"Testing" means I am waiting to merge from a bugfix branch to the main
trunk (an back to the 2.1.x maintenance branch, for "critical" bugs).
In this case, I have already done the merge, but haven't gotten back to
update the Collector.

> Ones that have confused me in the past:
> super-ceded - often doesn't say why/what has superceded it ;-)

Generally, this is a bug/feature eclipsed by a subsequent release (e.g.,
even the poster can't repro anymore).

> forgotten - this just worries me ;-)

Check out the issues so marked:

 http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/quickBrowse?Current_Status=Forgotten

Most of these issues are resolved in the Tracker, which is a total redesign,
using newer Zope features and all the experience gleaned from wrestling with
the Collector.

> I'll try and have a play with the tree this week. I know I'd like to vote
> for the expand_all bug.  It appears as bugs #870, 911, 919, 1011, 1116 (so
> it's not just me who finds it a real problem ;-)  and there is a patch for
> it in #919 which I'll try out when I get a chance...

Heh, you missed #436. :)  I'll look at the patch this morning.  Thanks!

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com