[Zope-dev] File per ZCLass Instance

Chimezie Ogbuji cogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:50:14 -0600 (MDT)

I've created a new ZClass which inherits from Object manager.  I want all
instances of the class to have two File variables (should be unique).  I
wasn't sure how to handle this so I put two empty File instance in the
methods folder of the ZClass.  The user has to supply the files when
he/she
instanciates the object.  I simply call the manage_upload method on the
Files I put in the method folder.  However it seems the File instances
are acting more like class variables than instance variables, I'm
assuming
it's because the methods folder is for class-wide objects, methods, etc.
However I don't know where else to put these files or how I can have every
instance of the ZClass have two file variables ( I can't
add a file
to a property sheet, and this would seem like the most likely place to put
such a variable declaration).  Do I have to subclass something else
besides Object Manager?  If so, is it possible to change the inheritance
of
a ZClass withought redefining it (the baseclasses field isn't editable)?

thx

Chime