[Zope-dev] zclass inheritance and default index_html

Vicki Irwin virwin@psionic.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:02:40 -0500

Hi,

I am a new user of Zope, and I am having the problem described
below and I cannot find the answer in any of the documentation.
Can anyone help me?

I have a Zclass that uses the File Class as a base class. My Zclass
has its own index_html method that provides the default view for
the Zclass instances. This is what I want, but I find that I now do
not have a way to view the file contained in an instance (evidently
the only way to do this is to default to the index_html method
of the file base class, which can only be accomplished if I remove
the index_html that I created for my Zclass).

I'd really like to use my own index_html and do two things:

(1) have the contents of the file (in this case its a gif image)
displayed inline with the other html my index_html generates

(2) provide a hyperlink in my index_html that when clicked displays
the contents of the file. (in this case the object contains large
html/text files).

I greatly appreciate your help!

Vicki Irwin

virwin@psionic.com