[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-PTK] Wizards

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:16:50 +0100

Well, my $0.02 on this as on everything else.

For starters, I'd fully agree with this :-)

I'd also drag the ZDP into this in a more prominent way. This project has enormous potential but
seems very distanced from zope.org. What you need to do is replace the documentation section on
zope.org with the current version all of the ZDP projects with guides as to what to use and when (if
you're new, try this... if you're a developer, read this...) I see this as doing two things:

1. It'll provide users of Zope with more up-to-date and hopefully more user-friendly documentation.
ZCMG and the DTML reference are useful, but out of date, with no signs of being updated.

2. It'll make ZDP work harder and get more accurate, more quickly. The major problem with the ZDP is
that there's no pressure on it. I'm sure they want to get it done, but if no one is using their
results (and I'd guess there's only a fraction of people using it who should be...) then there's no
motivation to get it done fast, or for people liek me to get involved and document what we know, and
them problems we found.

Also, zdp.org should be a site for developing the documentation. The documentation section of
zope.org should show only the results of this and should be wholey focused around using the
documentation.

This especially means building a decent navigation interface for ZBook, as well as providing PDFs or
PostScript files to download and print out, for use on zope.org

Okay, so I think that turned into more of a dollar. Feel free to flame me to hell and back if I've
got something wrong ;-)

Chris