[Zope-dev] LocalFS & adding objects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:04:16 +0100

Hi again,

I've broadened my look at things from my previous question.

I'm wondering what objects can be added to local FS objects and what
happens when you try and add one which you shouldn't.

I think the answer to the second question is that they get added to the
LocalFS object's parent folder through aquisition. But I'm not sure if
there are any bugs surrounding this. Maybe it'd be better if you just
got an error?

As for the first question, I guess at DTML-methods/documents, 'files'
and images.

Folders are interesting, which is what caused my original problem.

You can add them to a local FS object just fine through the management
interface and everything works as expected. However, if try and do a
manage_addFolder() call from DTML in a localFS object, the folder gets
created in the Local FS object's parent folder.

This makes no sense to me. If you can do it through the management
interface, then surely there must be a way to 'simulate' this in DTML?

Any ideas? Comments? I am missing something?

Chris