[Zope-dev] Re: MySQL Transaction Support

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:46:09 -0500

At 05:05 PM 8/1/00 +0200, Monty Taylor wrote:
>Good point. It still irks me to have two DA's though. It gets confusing
>enough
>with the three different DA's running around now, much less if one of
>them
>actually had two valid versions. What if we had two classes like you
>said, but
>then in the manage_addForm had a checkbox for Transactions enabled,
>which would
>determine which Class got instantiated? Any good reasons why that
>shouldn't work?

Nope.  Since Zope constructors are generally implemented as functions, they
can actually create any class at all.  Of course, you won't be able to
change it later without deleting and re-adding...

Btw, do you happen to know whether locking is handled automatically on
"BDB/transaction-safe" tables, or do you still have to specify it explicitly?