[Zope-dev] Re: RE: [Zope-dev] dual processors??

Steve Nicholson Steve.Nicholson@yoursolutions.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:24:18 +0100

Thanks both Chris and Holger
I have been told that kernel 2.4 might give it a new lease of life, not keen
on running test code for this though, by the time it's released we may have
enough business to require it.  Making some very rough guesses from
BwanaZulia's benchmarks, I think it will do what we want for now.  We still
have to pay for it but it's not going to break the bank to get us started
and I figure it will make a fine mail server when we do a full upgrade.

Apologies for posting to Dev-list, I got no replies from a post to the main
list.

Have a great day.

Steve.

Hi All,

we are running our Zope Development System on a dual PIII-500 system and I
can
assure you, Zope gets all the ressources it wants, two processors, all the
mem
:-) Only catch is: We are running the kernel 2.4.0test1 instead of 2.2.x
since
it has much improved SMP code ....

- Holger

Am Mon, 07 Aug 2000 schrieben Sie: