[Zope-dev] OFS.objectManager checking object Ids

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:01:00 +0200 (CEST)

David C. Kankiewicz writes:
 > "Jay, Dylan" wrote:
 > >
 > > As I said, when the url is quoted there is no problem.
 > >
 > > http://azonia.auslabs.lucent.com/Auslabs/AuslabsFAQ/Where%20is%20X%3f
 > >
 > > causes no problems. The above object is sitting happily inside Zope with a
 > > question mark at the end. I had to let the bad_id check let it pass but is
 > > there any reason why it shouldn't?
 >

 > bad_id=ts_regex.compile('[^a-zA-Z0-9-_~\,\. ]').search #TS
 >
 > The .search was .match
 > Changing it back restores the behavior, who changed it and why is the
 > question?
 >

 > I can't find any reason why, atleast not right now.
 > Maybe I need more sleep :), didn't remember the URL quoting stuff...
'?' is bad because it requires you to quote all names you
are going to use as parts of URL's.
Non-ASCII characters, too, are rightfully forbidden:

  a collegue used a 'ä' in an id.
  Worked fine for browsers on Windows and Linux but broke for
  browsers on a Mac's.

Dieter