[Zope-dev] OFS.objectManager checking object Ids

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
11 Aug 2000 16:57:26 GMT

In article <3992973D.EFD73924@digicool.com>,
Jim Fulton  <jim@digicool.com> wrote:
> > bad_id=ts_regex.compile('[^a-zA-Z0-9-_~\,\. ]').search #TS
>
> I think that it's a bad idea to allow '?'s in ids
> and am sorry if it was allowed. In general, I don't
> like to see characters in ids that need to be quoted.
> I'm not happy that ' ' was added, although
> I understand why.

Could '=' be added to the allowed characters, please? It works fine that
way, AFAICT, and it's handy if you want to reflect LDAP-like namespaces
in a Zope application. And ZLDAPConnection support '=' in path
components, so it seems kind of silly for Zope itself not to.