[Zope-dev] "stemmed and stopped": problems with stopwords and the 'and' operator

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:50:31 +0200

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 02:23:59AM -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
> I can do 'from SearchIndex.Splitter
> import Splitter', and call Splitter, and see that stopwords are
> not removed, but I can't do 'from SearchIndex.UnTextIndex import
> Splitter' because it complains about not being able to import
> Persistent from Persistence.  (*That* problem was reported by someone
> else in another context not too long ago.)

No clues as to where you'll find the stopword code, but the Persistence
thingy is caused by the magic that ZODB performs: it initializes the
correct Persistence module when it itself is imported. This way Jim
managed to have ZODB3 and BoboPOS2 exist in the same Zope distribution.

Do an import ZODB before you do your Splitter import, and all will be
dandy.

--
Martijn Pieters