[Zope-dev] Better encapsulation is good...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:28:50 +0100

...but doesn't solve what I suspect is a problem with string attributes in
the new security stuff (although I'm going to see if I can knock up a simple
test case to see what's really going on ;-)

> How about this, instead of an attribute, I created a method:
>      def icon(self):
>        return 'misc_/Squishdot/squishfile_img'

I like it :-)

...but this won't work for the posting attributes like subject, body, etc :(

> This seemed to work. Attached is the patch. Comments?

I think you did the diff in the wrong order ;-)

Anyway, I think I'm just going to release 0.7.0 with the nasty
__allow_access_to_unprotected_subojects__=1 in it and do a 0.7.1 release
when the mess is sorted out :S

cheers for the testing/coding/patches :-)

Chris