[Zope-dev] New version of BTreeFolder

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:26:49 -0400

Hi gang,

This version just fixes a bug with the folder contents tab on Windows.
For some reason, on Windows 95 (and perhaps other platforms) the Python
interpreter behaves differently enough that if you use a class
attribute from a different module and put it in your own class, you may
in fact be modifying its global context.  It's probably a bug in
Python.  As a workaround, this version of BTreeFolders doesn't have the
"details" tab anymore.

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/BTreeFolder/BTreeFolder-0.1.1.tar.gz

BTW has anyone done any semi-formal speed tests?  It's rumored that a
custom getattr in Python can cause a bit of a slowdown.  We could write
a custom getattr in C to solve the problem.  But we don't want to do
any premature optimization.

Shane