[Zope-dev] Re: ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.2.1 released - breaks my zcla ss instances too.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:17:16 -0400

> Brian, the tranalyser reported a clean (old) data.fs and I
> don't use any
> python base classes for any of my zclasses - however, in the interests
> of my own sanity, I'm pleased to report success with an old recipe - I
> started with a fresh Data.fs and cleaned out some cruft from
> my Products
> folder. After removing all the stuff I'm not using now (ZopePTK and
> ZDConfera/ZDiscussions products in particular), I was able to
> import my
> zclasses and then the major application folder - everything looks fine
> now and seems to work.
>
> Lesson may be that a Data.fs which works with an earlier zope version
> may fail when upgrading to 2.2.1 - if so, try

No - thats not the lesson (at least not the right one)... It looks
like something in the "cruft" didn't want to be unpickled in the
new installation (most likely due to a missing piece - a required
product or base class needed by a piece of cruft didn't get moved
to the new install). A Data.fs from an earlier version should
always work with a later version so long as all add-ons are
replicated in the new installation.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909