[Zope-dev] FW: ZPatterns, ObjectDomain, UML and all that.....

jimbo jimbo@tacomaplace.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:49:49 -0800

I've been using DOmain Modeling Environment(DOME) for OOA/OOD recently. I use it because like ZOPE it has many features most important one being free.  It has support for Coad notation and a list of others. IMHO it could be the default ZPatterns design tool of choice because you can extend it to include the ZPatterns concepts and it supports windows, and the PowerMac using VisualWorks.
Has anybody out there had any experience with DOME ?

DOME (the DOmain Modeling Environment) is a meta-CASE system suitable for building object oriented software models (Coad-Yourdon OOA and UML, for example), and more importantly, for building original types of models. It includes a graphical front-end, and a powerful back-end language for generating code, analyses and documentation.

It is fully functional, tested, documented, and it is free, distributed under GNU General Public licenses.

Download <a href="http://www.htc.honeywell.com/dome/download.htm">here</a>
There is a Linux version and Smalltalk Source Code for VisualWorks 5i