[Zope-dev] python 2.0, windows and zope

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:54:30 +0000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:33:12 -0800, "Andy McKay"
<andym@ActiveState.com> wrote:

>I think thats just the fella I need! Thanks...
>Will let you know progress....

The current CVS of Zope, as of yesterday, includes some tricks to use
a different Setup file between 1.5.2 and 2.0... the essential
difference is that you must not use zope's version of cPickle and
cStringIO with python 2.0.

Ive been running Zope (on NT, 95, and linux) with the current CVS of
python since its unicode support was first added. There are some
patches in the collector if you want to use a debug build of python,
but basically that snippet from Brian is all you need.

There are some other minor bugs that means its not quite up to
production use yet. Im currently working on getting those fixed for
the next release of Zope: you might want to look at
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Python20Migration/FrontPage

I hope this helps,

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com