[Zope-dev] IMPORTANT! Zcatalog path handling changes in 2.3

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:10:55 -0500

Gang,

In order to resolve untold number of situations where the Catalog does
"stupid" things and returns less than useful information, we have heavily
modified the information stored in the Catalog (and generated by
CatalogAware).  You can read about this here:

    http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZCatalogVirtualHostFix/

You can find a tarball that contains everything updated here:

    http://www.zope.org/Members/petrilli/zcatalog-pathsupdate.tgz

If you untar this in the root of your Zope installation you should get a new
Zcatalog that has all the new code in it.  Please read and test... This is
especially important for people who are using Squishdot/etc.  We hope to
make a full code release with 2.3a2 sometime very soon.

PLEASE take a look at this, and provide feedback ASAP.

Chris