[Zope-dev] more on keyword indexes

Josh Zeidner josh@brooklynmedialabs.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:22:49 -0500

OK. that clears a lot up.  Im guessing that you can query all indexes that
intersect with your query set( UNION ) by using the syntax Steve mentioned.

<dmtl-in Catalog.queryIndex( keywords_index = ['one','two','etc'] )> ( or
something like that ).

as for the "unpredictable results", I found that querying the index produces
different results every time I queried it.  The steps to reproduce this are
tedious and numerous.

 thanks, josh

Josh Zeidner writes:
 > However, Dieter says that it is not yet possible to
 > query for more than one keyword at once.
At least, it was not my intention to say such a thing.

  You can search for several keywords at once,
  but the result is the *UNION* of the results
  for the single keywords. I.e., the keywords
  are combined with an "OR".

  You can not search for the objects with all the
  keywords you specify. I.e. you do not get
  the effect of ANDing your keywords.

Dieter