[Zope-dev] Fault tolerance and thread-loss

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:00:13 +1100

I'm finding that my installation is blocking all requests after awhile. By
best guess would be that threads are being used and somehow becoming
permanently blocked. When all 4 are gone then the server is useless and has
to be restarted.

Seems to me this is a real problem for fault tolerance. Perhaps a monitor
should be run on a separate thread that starts aborting transactions when
they have been running too long and there are few remaining threads.

Does this exist already?

----
Dylan Jay                           mailto:djay@avaya.com
Avaya Communication                 Tel:   +61 2 9886-8961
Level 5, 15 Talavera Road           FAX:   +61 2 9352 9224
Nth Ryde NSW 2113                   Mobile:0409 606 171
AUSTRALIA