[Zope-dev] Performance enhancements, ZCatalog

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:06:07 +0100

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:56:36AM +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> ZCatalog enthusiasts,
>
> I just upgraded our zope installation from 2.1.6 to 2.2.4, and the ZCatalog
> performance is aweful.  Can someone remind me what the command for speeding
> up python on a dual processor machine is?  python -T?  I'm looking for any
> way to speed this up.  I have a text index with 47,000 objects and a search
> takes about 15-18 seconds, hardly what we were used to.  It used to be 2
> second tops.

That's z2.py -i:

  -i n

    Set the interpreter check interval. This integer value
    determines how often the interpreter checks for periodic things
    such as thread switches and signal handlers. The Zope default
    is 120, but you may want to experiment with other values that
    may increase performance in your particular environment.

Increase or decrease the number n and play with ab or some other load
testing tool....

--
Martijn Pieters