[Zope-dev] partial search performance problems...

John Eikenberry jae-zdev@kavi.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:19:19 -0800

I just did some tests on the performance of the partial matching features
of ZCatalog. They weren't as good as I hoped.

A Catalog of 2000 objects, text index on a 10 char string (person's last
name), with a partial search that will match only 200 items... it takes 10
seconds. At 1000 matches it takes over a minute. And Zope is inaccessible
this entire time.

This is after I upgraded to Python-2.0 for the new re module (which helped)
and messing with interpreter check interval (which didn't really help).

Are there any other tricks to get this to perform better? Aside from
switching to a relational database.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]