[Zope-dev] ODBC on linux

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:02:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Gabor Melis wrote:
> In a possible future scenario, I may have a Zope server running on
> linux while having an oracle db on a vms machine. I wanted to make
> sure this can be easily set up without having to deal with oracle
> stuff. That's why I asked for ODBC first. In fact ODBC is preferable
> to me because there may be even (god help us all) Access dbs.

   I do not see a problem here. I am running DCOracle (these days I am
experimenting with CGIs, and later will put the work into Zope) on linux,
with Oracle running on.... I don't know where :) I think it is NT :)))
   No problem - I just installed client libraries and compiled DCOracle
pretty happily.

   Hope this help. Good luck!

Oleg.
----