[Zope-dev] Accessing root object

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:57:39 -0600

Robert Sander <gurubert@gurubert.de> wrote

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 05:57:37PM -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > You should be able to do the same::
> >
> >  OFS.Application.Application.theORB = CORBA.orb_init( sys.argv ) # or whatever
>
> Hm, that does not work. I fI do this in the __init__.py of my product, my
> entire ZOPE system is not working any more. Should the object be pickable?
> Or should that only be done when instantiating an object from my product?

Ouch!  My bad for proposing untested code, at least without labeling it.

I don't think we *want* to pickle the ORB object.  I guess we need to make it
volatile:

  # Untested again -- I'm still wrestling with getting Fnorb to
  #  import cleanly.
  OFS.Application.Application._v_theORB = \
         CORBA.orb_init( sys.argv ) # or whatever

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com