[Zope-dev] Accessing root object

Robert Sander zope-dev@beteigeuze.cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:53:10 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:55:49AM -0600, Evan Simpson wrote:
> from Products.#NameOfFirstProduct# import object
> object.next()

OK, this goes for product global and unique objects.

What if I am instanziating a product and want to access this object from
subfolders of the object. I mean something like this:

/ +

  +- ProdInst1
  |   |
  |   +-Folder1.1
  |   +-Folder1.2

  +- ProdInst2

      +-Folder2.1

         +-Folder2.1.1

The product has some dtml-methods as attributes set with manage_addDTMLMethod
at instanziation. How do I access this DTML methods from Folder2.1.1? They are
to be edited differently between ProdInst1 and ProdInst2 so that I cannot use
Product global objects.

I feel like I am missing some basics here...

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                                 www.gurubert.de