[Zope-dev] Functional programming

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:23:53 -0200

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 09:36:51AM +0000, Duncan Booth wrote:

> I think the answer is probably that if you find you need to use map
> and filter then you should consider using Python instead.

Not really. Practical example:

<dtml-in "map (Catalog.get_object, Catalog(...))">
   perform some operation, like listing the objects, without
   need to bload the Catalog with all properties in the objects
</dtml-in>

And even if I _should_ use Python, then it should at least be
supported in PythonMethods.

> Besides you can get the effect of both of these with dtml-in.

But the code you need for that looks mightly ugly, with
temporary variables, lots of REQUEST.set... let's not go there
:-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----