[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Moving CVS repository

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:51:20 -0700

<Pual muses about openig zope access up more, and the concept of moving
it to sourceforge.>

Loren Stafford wrote:

> Perhaps you could work with SourceForge to develop an effective co-branding
> strategy.
>
> SourceForge's GUI is very rigid. If they could make it more flexible so that
> it could adapt to the needs of the featured products as well as to the needs
> of the user, then the transition between Zope main site and the
> Zope/SourceForge site could be made less abrupt. For exampe, if I go from
> the Zope main site to Zope/SourceForge, I'm probably a Zope developer;
> therefore I would appreciate having the navigation around the content begin
> to reflect my needs as a Zope developer -- namely, Python documentation,
> Python debugging tools, WWW specifications, related Zope resources,
> databases, etc.
>
> -- Loren

I do agree with the community image aspect, it would look
less-than-favorably upon Zope. That said, why not take the sourceforge
code (which is freely available), and turn cvs.zope.or ginto, for
example, sourceforge.zope.org or developer.zope.org? This way, you get
the benefit of the server setup, with the benefit of keeping the
community aspect more intact.

mmmm-sourceforge-as-a-zope-portal-ly y'rs Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.