[Zope-dev] Re: ZOPE object as CORBA servants

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:02:07 -0600

Robert Sander wrote:

> Hi Tres!
>
> What about a ZOPE CORBA class that defines some methods for a dynamic CORBA
> interface.
> Every class that wants to do some specific CORBA things could subclass it and
> all the others are just simple standard interfaces with a stream outputting
> HTML or something like that.
>
> Just a first thought.

I have some notes toward CORBA'fying Zope (or Zopifying CORBA) at:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/CosNaming/ZopeAsCORBAServer

The general idea is that Zope would expose _all_ of its objects as
CORBA::Objects, through a fairly generic interface (like what the ZopeStudio and
XML-RPC clients need).  I think we need to make CORBA as non-invasive as
possible, at least at first;  we might allow specific Products to expose
additional CORBA interfaces, however.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com