[Zope-dev] Object ID changed after modify

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:04:05 +0200

Sin Hang Kin wrote:

> I just found out the object id is changed if It got updated/
>
> If I want an object appear in different parts of the OODB. say, I got a
> person which joints several groups and thus have several appearence in the
> oodb. If the person updated his information, and his id got changed. How
> could I represent hime in zope?
>
> Is it impossible to have links of the object in different parts of the tree?

Give each object a unique id.  Make the objects CatalogAware. Then use
ZCatalog to keep track of the object's location.

--
                -=  This is NOT a pyramid scheme  =-
The SNAFU Principle: True communication is possible only between equals

                      Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net