[Zope-dev] Zopifying an FTP'd/POST'ed HTML document?

Graham Fawcett gmfawcett@operamail.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:53:18 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could one of you two please forward the response to the question to the zope
> list, 'cos it didn't make it and I'd really like to know what it was :-)
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Here it is, Chris.

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Graham Fawcett wrote:
> >
> > Has anywone worked on a mechanism for taking HTML documents that are FTP'd
> > or HTTP-POST'ed by end-users and manipulating them into Zopish documents
> > -- inserting and <..._footer> tags, for instance?
>
> Check out load_site.py in Zope's utilities folder, expecially the -D
> option.  Or my version of this code:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/load_sitepossible only between equals
>
>                       Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net

A good approach to the problem--it keeps all the hacked-off bits of the original
message. When I get the time, I think I'll still hook this into a custom FTPd to
Zopify/unZopify HTML documents published to the server. (The usefulness of an
unZopify method might be questionable in some cases, but I'd like to be able to
"give back what I got" if that's what the client asks for.)

And BTW, Itamar, sorry for the (twice! oops..) misplaced thanks--whether you're
the author or not, I'm equally grateful for your help.

-- Graham