[Zope-dev] The Debugger Is Your Friend - an object Browser would be nice too

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:52:25 +0100

Loren Stafford wrote:

> Does anyone know of such a thing as a generic Python class browser that
> could be adapted to Zope?

I think IDLE (included with standard python) includes one. Thinking
about it... IDLE also allows you to use the debugger from it's graphical
shell. You could use it in the same way as described in Michel's
document.

Perhaps there is a way to use the object browser directly, but I do not
have a clue how to. Browsing objects from pythonwin is possible (I
checked). THe best way to do so, I do not know...

Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

Rik