[Zope-dev] SybaseDAv2 and identity columns

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 01 Jan 2000 22:52:54 -0700

OK, so I have an identity column many of my tables. For osme of what I
do, I need to select some stuff, and then provide links to search
further, based upon this unique id field (identity is a numeric).
Normally not a problem...however, the number is returned as: "1L" or
"2L", as opposed to "1" or "2". FWICS, this is somehow being reported as
a 'long' int, hence the 'L'. Unfortunately, the breaks things, since you
cannot get a list of rows, and then serach on the database using the
identity section form the result (The actual entry doesn't contain any
alpha characters).

I have encountered this on HPUX and Linux, and on multiple servers.

Anyone have a workaround or fix?
Preferable one that does not involve using DTML to strip out the 'L'?

TIA,

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.